Cupuacu Fruit Powder
Our Cupuacu fruit powder is a lyophilized (carefully freeze dried) powder that is obtained from the juiced, white flesh of freshly picked Cupuacu fruit. The Cupuacu fruit grows on Cupuacu trees in South America, especially, Brazil.
Cupuacu fruit is one of the most nutritious foods that grows in the Amazonian flood plains. It has a long history of traditionally recognized health rewards among locals and is beginning to be recognized internationally. (See more nutrient information below.)
Freeze-drying Cupuacu fruit increases its nutrient density by 20 times . Incorporating Cupuacu powder into any nutritional beverage is a tasty, smart habit. Just add a tablespoons to a glass of water, milk, protein shake, bowl of cereal, etc.
The Nutrients in Cupuacu:
Almost alone in the plant world, Cupuacu fruit contains a large amount of theograndins (extremely antioxidizing and detoxifying type of sulfated polyphenols). Cupuacu's sulfated polyphenols have a myriad of folk-loric, as well as, scientifically-validated, nutritional benefits, which will be discussed below.
Cupuacu is heavily endowed with:
- vitamins B1, B2, B3
- fatty acids
- amino acids
- and at least nine antioxidants (including Selenium, Vitamins A and C)
- It also has a high flavanoid content.
Large Amounts of Sulfated Polyphenols in Cupuacu:
Cupuacu contains an extremely rich concentration of sulfated polyphenol antioxidants. These sulfur-rich antioxidants appear to have a large number of longer-term good effects on the body including (and possibly most importantly) the neutralization of free radicals in the body's tissues. Cupuacu's unique sulfated polyphenol antioxidants have been shown in preliminary research to help lower cholesterol levels and improve brain function. They also have been shown to improve gastrointestinal system functioning (explaining the fruit’s traditional use by natives for GI problems) and to generally improve cardiovascular system functioning.
Health Benefits From Eating Cupuacu:
There are many traditionally touted health benefits from eating Cupuacu. These benefits are absolutely synergistic — meaning not the result of any single nutrient, but the result of all Cupuacu's nutrients acting together like tag teams to boost energy and function.
Until more scientific research is done, however, all benefits described below should be considered to be folklore, anecdotal and opinion. Further scientific research would need to be done to make reliable health benefit claims. Nevertheless, the amount of interest and perceived benefits from Cupuacu is beginning to be significant.
- A primary health benefit of Cupuacu many people ascribe to Cupuacu is in regard to supporting the immune system to improve the body’s ability to fight disease.
- Cupuacu has a (caffeine-like, although Cupuacu contains very little caffeine), energizing effect upon the mind. It is one of the few cocoa relatives that does not contain appreciable amounts of caffeine, yet it retains this energizing effect.
- Improved circulation and lowered blood pressure are traditionally mentioned by those eating Cupuacu.
- Cupuacu is traditionally considered useful for achieving healthier skin and hair
- Cupuacu is believed to help with gastrointestinal health.
- Cupuacu is regarded by locals as providing great help in maintaining healthier cholesterol levels (if this is true, it is most likely through lipid peroxidation inhibition)
- Cupuacu is regarded as helpful to improve libido.
The above are some of the more commonly reported, as quickly attained benefits from eating the Cupuacu fruit. In general it is safe to say that it is a nourishing food that may help virtually all aspects of human health by providing the body with nutrients (which are tools) that the body can use to improve its function.
You Are What You Eat — Which is Why We Recommend Cupuacu
Rishi seeks out farmers and food suppliers that are progressive, meaning they are adding minerals and trace minerals to their soils, farming organically and harvesting their foods at the peak of ripeness. Rishi then ensures that those foods are juiced and freeze dried immediately before nutrient loss.
Food is the way of health not vitamins!
Cupuacu fits with the “first rule of health” which is that food should be our medicine. Cupuacu also fits with our second rule of health, which is that food engenders health, not vitamins. The United States has among the worst health statistics of all industrialized nations, yet the people of the United States consume more vitamins that the rest of the world combined. That means that you will eventually find, as so many others have already found, that your health will never really start to improve until you give up on vitamins and turn to food. It's time to turn to food!
- Vitamins, IE nutrient isolates (often made in a laboratory), may look powerful and awesome on the label, but they don’t work as well in the human body as one would hope because they lack the many needed co-factors. Food comes with many needed co-factors nutrients.
- The lack of co-factors is the basic problem of vitamin supplements. Without those co-factors, they're NOT as useful to our cells. For instance, Vitamin C is not just ascorbic acid but rather it is: ascorbic acid and numerous co-factors that work in the cells like catalysts or tag teams to make chemical reactions occur. The many co-factors are present in foods, but are not in vitamin isolates. The result, therefore, of taking vitamins is that the body has to scavenge body tissues to obtain the needed co-factors, or wait until they are available or the body may simply discard the nutrients for which co-factors are not available. This is extra work and/or a waste of nutrients, and therefore, vitamin isolates, do far less to improve health than does food.
Cupuacu Fruit Powder Ordering Form
Comparative Retail Price: $110 per pound.
Our Price: $50 per Pound
Raw Cupuacu Powder
Videos about Cupuacu
We disclaim any claims (if there are any) made in these videos. They are for information, education, enlightenment and entertainment only.