Featuring Glycemic Support
Quick facts about effects of high blood sugar on human health:
Short term effects of high blood sugar:
- Feel tired and weak
- Be thirsty
- Urinate more
- Be more susceptible to infections (that’s because the body can confuse blood sugar with Vitamin C and reach for the wrong tool in fighting infection)
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Loss of balance
Long term effects of high blood sugar:
- Eye disease
- Kidney disease
- Kidney failure
- Nerve disease
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure levels
Glycemic Support - Natural Support for Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
If doctors were asked to name what the most widespread disease on the earth today is, many would answer correctly – Diabetes.
Approximately 80 million Americans exhibit signs of diabetes and/or insulin resistance. Nutritional biochemists say that diabetes is a disease that hastens aging and most all other diseases. Diabetes strikes at the young or adult or female or male or otherwise-healthy and also those who have virtually every other disease, too. Those with diabetes early in life, live an average 16 years less than those who don’t have diabetes.
Because of the size of this problem, it was worth our attention to create a supportive product for the systems of our body that are responsible for managing and controlling blood sugar. Our glycemic support product takes advantage of scientific research into herbs that many world cultures have known for centuries. This product is a formulation of such natural herbs with additional supplements that provide support for normal blood sugar levels along with a proper daily diet.
Here are some of the important herbal ingredients in our Glycemic Support Product:
(Please note disclaimer at bottom of page. Studies referenced must not be construed as product claims. They are presented only for educational value.)
- Gymnema Sylvestre Leaf Extract - this Ayurvedic medicinal botanical has been used for over 2,000 years by Ayurvedic practitioners with persons exhibiting symptoms that today we associate to high blood sugar.
The leaves of Gymnema sylvestre perform two significant functions relative to diabetes. First, they suppress blood glucose by helping prevent its absorption from the intestines. Secondly, they are insulin tropic, i.e. they promote insulin secretion. Through these two actions, Gymnema sylvestre may be a valuable aid in diabetes support of healthy blood sugar levels.
Scientists think its active ingredients (Gymnemic acids) protect the cells of the pancreas from free radical damage, so allowing them to regenerate and produce insulin more effectively. Studies have shown that Gymnema can also reduce glucose absorption from the intestine, so helping to regulate blood sugar levels. A recent Harvard study indicates the Gymnema lowers blood sugar levels in Type 1 and Type 2 diabetics. A recent King's College, London, study states that Gymnema acts by increasing cell permeability, therefore reducing insulin resistance.
- Bitter Melon - Bitter Melon has been used for hundreds of years by Chinese health practitioners but has just been recognized recently by Western scientists as being useful in glycemic support. Four compounds in bitter melon perform a very similar action to exercise, that is they move glucose transporters to the cell membrane surface, a very important action for helping blood sugar to be removed out of the cell.
- Goat’s Rue (also known as French Lilac) - scientists first learned that Goat’s Rue could have blood sugar lowering effects in 1920. Since then they have learned that helps blood platelets from clumping together and even helps in weight loss.
- Cinnamon Extract - according to U.S. Department of Agricultural scientists, the consumption of cinnamon helps to decrease glucose levels in the body as well as reduce oxidative stress.
- L-Glutamine - studies show that L-Glutamine acts to signal the brain to stop eating, the liver to stop secreting glucose and the pancrease to make more insulin, all of which are helpful in diabetes and obesity.
- Vanadium - has been shown to help restore elevated blood glucose levels to normal.
Cited Glycemic Support Research and Further Glycemic Health Study References:
Bitter Melon Produces Sweet Results for Diabetes
What Is Goat’s Rue?
Goat’s Rue Powder
Cinnamon Extract Reduces Risk of Diabetes and Heart Disease
New Study Shows Cinnamon Extract Lowers Blood Sugar Levels In People With Type 2 Diabetes
Effects of a cinnamon extract on plasma glucose, HbA, and serum lipids in diabetes mellitus type 2
Diabetes Daily - L-Glutamine
Vanadium - Diabetes Therapy
Vanadium and Diabetes